Search This Blog

Jul 22, 2015

Baby's Room Decor





When we started looking for ideas to decorate our son's nursery, we decided (okay, I decided) that we would investment in furniture and decor that are functional and work through his different growth stages. After searching the net and Pinterest for several ideas. I opted to use a Travel/Vintage airplane theme. Choosing the wall paint was the toughest for me because I wanted to keep the room soothing but not washed out. I love to use catalogs to get ideas too. One day I got a Pottery Barn Kids catalog, which had a nursery with a World Map mural on the wall. I saw it and said "This is it!".




 
 I stenciled the World Map using an overhead projector. After choosing this pretty blue/green color, I added touches of white, grey, blue, and red. The room turned out pretty great! I feel he can grow in this room and use some of the furniture and decor items in the future.


I got rid of the ceiling fan! I hate ceiling fans because they look bulky and I feel someone will get injured by them. What can I say! I am a mom! I found a simple light fixture and added a compass decal around it that would go with my travel/vintage/industrial theme.

On the wall by the window I put three red shelves and next to the closet I hung two baby pictures and his initial A. The room was too bright for his midday naps, so I got these chevron drapes that accidentally matched the rug colors perfectly.





No comments:

Post a Comment